Faulty wiring in your home is no fun at all. In reality, faulty wiring is one of the five most common causes of electrical fires in homes. Besides, by detecting faulty wiring as early as possible, you can avoid devastating fire hazards. You can also avoid the inconvenience of having a flickering light and inconsistent electrical system frustrating and stressing you out.
The good news is some warning signs can pinpoint faulty wiring. You can perform a diagnostic yourself before calling in an expert, but you still need to know how to do this properly. Although you should never rely upon your own expertise and knowledge,
Here are a few useful tips that can alert you as to whether you should call in an electrician to do a thorough check for you:
- A fuse box or circuit breaker protects the electrical systems in your home, so it is essential to check them regularly. They are usually found in the garage or outside of the house. Open the box and inspect if there are signs of irregularity. Other obvious signs of electrical wiring issues include damaged wires. If you notice any problems, then you should call a reliable electrician right away.
- Other tell-tale signs that you need professional help is when you find the fuse box is melted, or you notice some sparks when plugging an appliance. Overheating appliances can be a fire hazard, so unplug them immediately and have them repaired.
- Every household electrical system is different. In particular, older homes expose you to potential risk because most modern homes built for the last 10-years have electrical systems installed with minimal problems. The only way to find out is to have a reliable electrician to tell you how often you should check your house’s wiring system.
- When you consider HD television, sound systems, ACs, and countless plug-in chargers, you need to be more vigilant.
Other Notable Electrical Wiring Issues:
- Outlets depending on multiple extension cords and power strips
- No GFCI in areas such as the kitchen and bathroom
- Damaged electrical plugs
- Ungrounded receptacles
- Uncovered junction boxes
Electrical fires could have been prevented by having regular maintenance checks. It is vital to have your wiring checked every 2 to 3 years. It ensures no damage has occurred in those years. Only certified, professional electricians are fully capable of providing you a thorough and comprehensive check. So you have the peace of mind you need.
Call Rush Electrical Service For Safe and Secure Electrical Wiring At Home!
Remember, do-it-yourself electrical projects are always a bad idea. Especially if you don’t have the right knowledge, expertise, and tools. Ensure you and your home’s safety and the integrity of your electrical system with the help of professional electricians at Rush Electrical Service! We will take care of your electrical wiring like no other!
Also, we offer comprehensive electrical services, such as wiring repair, wiring installation, electrical outlet repair, electrical outlet installation, switch repair, switch installation, residential electrical service, or more!
Give us a call today to learn more or to book our service!